Average Salary: $47,413
Engineering technicians may work in any engineering field and apply engineering skills to specific projects. They have less training than a Licensed Professional Engineer (P.E.).
- review and interpret engineering plans, shop drawings, and construction specifications;
- review budgets and prepare reports;
- oversee construction sites, recording and documenting the site conditions;
- help with the permitting process, control systems, and research;
- use computer-aided design (CAD) systems to prepare drawings of projects and designs.
Education: High-school diploma with specialized classes in engineering and engineering technology
Certificates, licenses: No
Entry-level opportunities: Yes
Desirable traits and skills: Strong in science and math; analytical; well organized; attention to detail; able to interpret complex information
For more information:
Ontario Association of Certified
Engineering Technicians and Technologists
10 Four Seasons Place, Suite 404
Etobicoke, ON Canada MAB 6H7